Foodie Googlie

Custom Search

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Decadent Lamb Steaks

It's been a few weeks since I wrote about lamb, (1, 2, 3, 4, 5) for no reason other than it having been a busy few weeks. As usual, I'm actually weeks behind in my posting, but that's been OK because we've been mostly having simple summer fare anyway.

Usually I like my lamb simple, a little bit of seasoning and maybe a few herbs to bring out the flavour. But sometimes the allure of dressing up a lamb steak to the nines becomes irresistible, and if there's food in the fridge to make this happen, then I can see no reason not to.

This was one of those times.

Take some of the best organic, free-range lamb steaks you can lay your hands on.
Prepare them with a gentle seasoning of freshly ground pepper and salt, and a generous dose of chopped garlic, fresh mint and drizzled olive oil.

Heat some olive oil in a pan, and cook the steaks for about 4 minutes on the first side. At the same time, slice a tomato or two in half, season and grate over some parmesan, and sit them in the pan as well.
Turn the steaks over and layer with slices of brie cheese. Fry for 4 minutes.

Pop the whole pan under the grill for 5 minutes to brown the cheese.
Serve with the tomatoes, boiled new potatoes and crispy steamed veges.

(Disclaimer: Once again, I have no affiliation whatsoever with Wai-Ora Lamb. I'm just a very, very satisfied customer, and I think you should be too).

No comments: