Foodie Googlie

Custom Search

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Sweet & Sour Chicken

I must be quick tonight, as I have other very VERY important things to do (No, not more X-Box. I must continue with the redrafting of my novel, for the year is growing late and, alas, it is not yet finished). The other night I wanted to make a sweet and sour sauce to go with some leftover chicken, and I wasn't satisfied making the usual out of the cookbook. So I used the Foodie Googlie bar and got the following result from Cooks.com. I modified it ever so slightly to suit, but I was impressed with how well the search bar worked. Try it yourself sometime when you're stuck for ideas.

Sweet and Sour Chicken with Pineapple

In a small pan, mix up 2 T cornflour, 4 T brown sugar, 3 T cider vinegar, 2 T soy sauce and the fruit and juice from a 230g can of pineapple chunks. Cook over a moderate heat, stirring frequently, until thickened. Add the shredded meat of 2 cooked chicken breasts and heat thoroughly. Serve over long noodles with fresh steamed veges.

Now I've dallied long enough. Time to go do some work!

1 comment:

Leasmom said...

Cool, a simple recipe, gotta love that.