Foodie Googlie

Custom Search

Friday, August 8, 2008

Crockpot Mince

Sounds good, eh?

This was one of those mornings when I knew that I wanted dinner to be ready when I got home. C was taking Isaac up the line for the day and wouldn't be home til around 5, and I didn't want to get home and have to start cooking. So as I made my breakfast I got dinner ready. It still feels strange to be chopping onions and carrots before the sun's even up, but it was worth it.

Not my most tasty of meals, largely because the grey matter is still pretty much grey at that time of day, but with a little thought, probably a grating of nutmeg, a splash of sweet chilli sauce, some tomato paste, and maybe some mushrooms to go in at the end, it would be great. But this is easy, and in the middle of the week, that's what matters.

Crockpot Mince

(Serves 4)

Into the Crockpot, mix up the following:
600g Beef Mince
1 Chopped Onion
5 Peeled Garlic Cloves, gently crushed with the flat edge of a knife
1 Sliced Carrot
1 Can of Chopped Tomatoes
2 lugs of Worcester Sauce
Freshly Ground Salt & Pepper
1 T dried Italian Herbs
2 dried Bay Leaves

Turn the Crockpot on to low and leave for 6-8 hours. Stir a couple of times toward the end to break up any lumps of mince.

Serve with pasta or rice, steamed veges, freshly grated parmesan and freshly ground black pepper.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mid-week easiness is sometimes just what you need.