Foodie Googlie

Custom Search

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Sticky Sweet Pumpkin

I'm always looking for ways to make veges more interesting. Sometimes I find recipes, sometimes I just make stuff up. This is one of those things. I figure if I can write a book I can write a recipe. It just requires some suspension of disbelief on the reader's/eater's part. Anyhoo, from memory these were yummy.

Sticky Sweet Pumpkin

(Serves 4)

Slice 1/4 of a big grey pumpkin into wedges, deseed and peel. Compost the seeds so that when you plant your spring garden you'll get little pumpkin seedlings springing up everywhere. At first these will be a boon as you replant them, then after a while they become annoying and you just have to compost them again. Oh well.

Roughly chop 3-4 cloves of garlic and place in a bowl with 2T of brown sugar, freshly ground salt and pepper, freshly grated nutmeg, 1T of olive oil and 1T of balsamic vinegar. Place the pumpkin in an oiled oven dish and brush the garlic mixture over the top.
Roast at 200C for about 50 mins.

No comments: