Foodie Googlie

Custom Search

Thursday, February 5, 2009

King of Pizzas

I love homemade pizza SO much more than bought ones. I've already posted my dough recipe here, my not-so-secret-pizza sauce here, my slightly more successful pizza sauce here, my most inspired pizza topping here (a must for fans of chilli mussels), and a wad of vego pizzas here.

But my absolute favourite pizza has to be Chicken Camembert and Cranberry. I know that the best real pizzas are little more than the sauce and the cheese, but since Kiwis have destroyed this fine tradition and taken to slathering our pizzas with more ingredients than we'd normally put on a monthly shopping list, we may as well make the most of it.

Preheat your pizza stone in the oven at 200C, with the rack placed in the centre.
Start with one lovely fresh homemade pizza base (it really is easy, especially of you make a big batch and put them in the freezer in individual ziplock bags), and brush this with garlic-infused olive oil. Alternatively, you can rub a garlic clove over the top of the pizza base before brushing it very lightly with extra virgin olive oil.
Spread a topping of cranberry jelly on the pizza base, followed by generous slices of brie or camembert cheese and cooked chicken breast. Grind over some fresh black pepper.
Sprinkle with a mixture of grated mozarrella, cheddar and parmesan cheese.
Place the pizza on the hot pizza stone and cook in the oven at 200C for 16-18 minutes. I like to have the grill (broiler) on lightly as well, to brown up the cheese.
Unless you feel guilty for some reason, just eat this as it is. Isn't that the point of pizza?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy monkeys, that looks good. *drools into keyboard*