Foodie Googlie

Custom Search

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Pork Chops with Herbs and Pinenuts

In this post, the second about how to make the most of pork, in an age when it just doesn't taste like used to, all I really have is a photo.

I guess I forgot to take notes that night, so here's my best guess, given the title and the picture:
Chop up a pile of fresh herbs, say, sage, mint, and thyme. Mash up in a pestle with some salt, pepper, and olive oil.

Preheat the oven to 180C, placing the rack about 6 inches from the heat.

Brush the chops with the herb mixture and fry them over a high heat to seal in the juices, about 4-5 minutes per side.

In a pan, heat some oil and very quickly fry a handful of pinenuts; be careful, because they'll burn easily.

Put the chops into an oven tray on a rack, press the pinenuts into the upper side, and place in the oven, cooking for about 25 mins until the juices run clear.

It's easy to overcook pork, but it's worse to undercook it, so I'll let you decide on what level of risk you're willing to settle on for the sake of moist chops.

All of the above, BTW, is really just a guess. I think it's what I would've done, and I probably thought I'd get around to posting this much sooner than I actually did. Oh well. If anyone else can suggest how they might do this, or even better, how I might have done it, I'd be very keen to hear.

No comments: