Foodie Googlie

Custom Search

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Easy Vego Nachoes

Its a shame that I don't have the camera, because these look really good.

Distressed by the idea of eating what's left of the cabbage in the fridge, I decided I needed to think outside the square a bit to get my veges in tonight. I had planned on having nachoes, and the idea of a pile of buttery cabbage on the side for the third night in a row was not appealing. I made enough for 2, and put one aside for lunch tomorrow. But the main thing is I started cooking about 15 minutes ago and I'm eating right now. Yes, at the computer. I'm trying to kill two birds with one stone so that as soon as I've done my dishes I can get back into my writing work. On that topic, I passed that magical page 615 at lunchtime today. Yay me!

Easy Vego Nachoes

(Serves 2)

Slice one clove of garlic and half an onion. Fry these lightly in a small pot and then add 1 whole can of mild or hot chilli beans, depending on your chilli palate. Add 2 diced fresh tomatoes to the pot and warm through. As this is heating, place a pile of nacho corn chips on an oven tray with a piece of baking paper underneath. Grate some cheese over the chips and place under a hot grill until the cheese has melted. Pull the tray from the oven and split the nachoes between two plates. Serve the beans on the other half of the plate and dress with sour cream and a sprinkle of paprika. If its seasonal, slice half an avocado over the top as well.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I thought you might be interested in this: http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

A woman who is determined to use her crockpot every day this year! Has some interesting recipes.

Dan said...

That's awesome! She does chocolate mousse in it! Crazy!

Unknown said...

We've still got 5 more months of the year to go!

Anonymous said...

Yay! you for passing the third halfway mark. Not many people have three halfway marks in one thing so you must be really getting there....