Foodie Googlie

Custom Search

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Table for One

I discovered an interesting thing this week: I don't really like cooking for myself. Somehow, the process of creating dishes and then having to wash them, all for the sake of sitting and eating a meal alone just doesn't seem worthwhile. C and Isaac have been away this week, visiting Nan and Obi, so I've been left to my own devices. There has been a lot of XBox played.

What's also amazing is just how much stuff there is floating around in the freezer and the cupboard that hasn't been eaten because there's not enough for 2 or 3 people, but there is enough for one. So what a good opportunity to clear out all that food.

Tuesday: Corned Beef Toasted Sandwiches

What more do I need to say? Bread, Butter, Corned Beef, Onions, Tomato, Cheese, Pepper. Be sure to cut the Corned Beef up into little bite size pieces beforehand, or you'll be struggling with meat trying to escape every time you take a bite.
Wednesday: One processed Chicken Burger and a handful of wedges grilled with cheese and sour cream, with carrot sticks and tomato wedges. No picture here, too much shame.

Thursday:
Lemon Pepper Fish Fillets, Udon noodles tossed with steamed carrots, broccoli, cauli, and sweet thai chilli sauce, plus sour cream and extra virgin olive oil, with tomato wedges.


So at least I ate one healthy meal this week. Which was then cancelled out by the pie and chips I had for smoko on Friday morning. Well, we try our best to be good, but sometimes you just can't help it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dan you keep talking about the Edmonds cookbook - I am still waiting for my copy. Send to your Mum for her friend Margaret. Or better still you could write your own cookbook as this has been fun reading your blogspot.