Foodie Googlie

Custom Search

Friday, October 10, 2008

Balsamic Fried Chicken

Do you ever have one of those days where you open up a blog post that you have previously loaded the photo for, but you can't for the life of you remember how you cooked that particular meal? I suppose if you don't write a cooking blog and perform the aforementioned uploading of photos in advance of the writing then you probably don't have a clue what I mean. My vague memory of this meal was having some chicken to cook which was still slightly frozen and I didn't have time to bake it in the oven. So it got fried. Really, really fried.

I won't bore you with the details, but here's what I think I did:
I sliced several cloves of garlic and started frying them in hot oil. I placed the chicken in this garlic, drizzled liberally with balsamic vinegar, and proceeded to cook, quite hot, turning every 15 minutes or so. I seem to recall adding a chopped onion and a diced tomato to the pan, which shuffled to the bottom under the chicken and pretty much turned to something black and inedible. I left those bits in the pan before I served the chicken. Right at the end I wilted some chopped silverbeet and heaped it on top of the chicken to serve.

I remember that this was good, but thought that the same thing done in a casserole dish would probably have been much nicer, without all the burnt bits.

I also thought it was important to point out that I don't get it right every time, and that I'm OK with that.

No comments: