Foodie Googlie

Custom Search

Friday, April 10, 2009

The Dinner Party

A few weeks ago my uncle arrived out of the blue wanting to take us all out to dinner. Since my sister and I both have children, this wasn't going to happen, so instead he decided to take over Aunty L's kitchen and make us all dinner. I threatened to blog it, and so here it is.

The main course was fish parcels, meticulously prepared by hand with fresh New Zealand fish.
Terakihi fillets...
...with salmon fillets......layered on baking paper with peeled deveined shrimps, spring onions, sprigs of fresh tarragon, freshly ground pepper and salt and a little wine and olive oil......wrapped up nicely, with the fold to the top, ready to go in the oven.
Meanwhile, some organic potatoes were put on to boil with heaps of rosemary...
...and a fresh garden salad full of cherry tomatoes was tossed together...
... as was the fruit salad for afters.
When the fish was done in the oven (I think it was about 15 minutes at 200C), it was served up with the salad, potatoes and fresh focaccia bread.
Did I mention that my uncle was a chef in a former life? He's not anymore, but he sure does do a good impression of one. It was quite superb, and I had almost forgotten how much I love fish.

Thanks Uncle M. It was very much enjoyed and appreciated by all. Hope we can do it again soon.

No comments: