Foodie Googlie

Custom Search

Monday, January 11, 2010

Garden Update Summer 2010

I know it might seem like this blog has ground to a halt.

(Yes, I went there. It's an awful pun, but it was really begging for it.)

However, we are still alive down here, there has just been an awful lot going on and a whole load of reasons why I haven't been blogging, the main one of which, as I've said before, is that I'm spending a lot more time doing what I should be doing, which is writing and submitting that writing to publishers.

However, I thought it was about time to share with you all how our efforts at growing a garden have gone this year. You might remember our little vege patch that we planted back in August. It did pretty well.

We got lots of leafy greens...
...cauliflowers...
...broccoli...
...peas...
...lettuce...
... and we're still getting strawberries - as long as a certain 3-year-old doesn't pick them the moment they go from green to pink.

We're also getting little cherry tomatoes coming through one at a time, which is about as well as anyone I know that has tried to grow tomatoes has done this season.

Overall it has been a success. My usual pumpkin and potato patch up the back was left this year to ... er ... lie fallow. Yes, it might look like it went to wrack and ruin on the outside, but there is a method to the madness. Fixing nitrogen to the soil and all that, you know.

Honest. It's not just another excuse for being slack...

1 comment:

Laura Eno said...

It all looks fantastic!