Foodie Googlie

Custom Search

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Chicken Quesidillas

There has been a minor mishap in the world of food photography that is Freshly Ground (when it's not a speculative fiction review site). That mishap involved a two-and-a-half year old, the camera, and a short sudden trip for said camera to the floor. Since that day, I can't quite seem to get anything in focus.

Not a great state of affairs for the art of macro photography. Luckily, I still have a good reserve of drafts to publish, so I'll use them for now while I figure out if the camera can be fixed or if this is a good excuse to finally upgrade to a digital SLR.

I'm also wondering if the split between food and fiction is maybe not really working for this blog. I've put a poll on the side here, to gather your opinions on whether or not I should create a new site dedicated to my podcast reviews and suchlike. Please take a minute to cast your vote, and feel free to leave a comment if you have an opinion one way or another.

And while you're mulling over that, here's a lovely, IN FOCUS photoessay on how to make great chicken quesidillas.

Chicken Quesidillas
Ingredients
Tortilla wraps
1 Carrot, grated
2 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
1/4 Cup grated cheese
handful of mushrooms, sliced
2 Cooked Chicken Breasts, slicedPlace the filling over one half of the wrap, leaving about 1cm clear at the edge. Moisten the clear edge, fold over, and press down.
Heat oil in a pan and fry the quesidillas rapidly to brown and heat through.
Serve with chopped salad and sour cream.

1 comment:

Marilyn Simpson said...

Your food looks yummy. If I tryed to show the food I cooked on my blog, Im sure it wouldn't even look half as nice. Well done :)